Monday, September 26, 2011

September Blues

Hmm, funny to note that the 2011 entry only appears in September, a cool nine months from the last one. Actually, I'm starting to feel that this is fast becoming my "private" humour column that I update ever so sporadically.

At this point in our lives, I suppose that the idea of settling down is probably starting to appear, whether or not we are actually intending to settle down into a family of our own. In four years' time, most of us would hit the magic three-oh, and well, lots of funny things happen then. Suddenly life seems a little bit shorter (where did the last decade go?), our "mid-life" suddenly appears over the horizon, our parents are starting to look a little more frail than before and so on. Maybe we can even have a class outing bonanza in the year where most of us would have hit 30 years old, just a way of saying hi to everyone else and to commiserate or to congratulate each other on a job well-done surviving so long. By that time, we should [hopefully] be sufficiently well off that we can go somewhere a little more pricey to enjoy good food and great company.

But that's a while from now, is it not?

Meanwhile, where is everyone? Hm, I mean, where is everyone? I don't even see Harish posting here anymore, and of course I don't know if folks are still tracking this quiet little spot of heaven that is ours. I'm currently in the US doing more studies instead of making big bucks, so if you happen to be around, maybe we can link up and meet up or something.

Of I go to my next adventure! And see you all at the next update, which will occur on... I don't know when.

(=

No comments: