Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hey!

How's everyone? I guess all the Uni people are busy with their mid-term tests which explains why all the recent posts are made by Mun Thye rite?

It's been 2 weeks of uni in Melbourne and I'm dying under all the biochem!! Thermodynamics + Enzymes + Organic Chem... Yupz and it's just the 2nd week. I also have a MCQ test which takes up 10% of my exam marks just before Easter. It's also a misconception that the average Aussie student is slack, so whoever said that studying in Aust is easier than Singapore had better think twice. You've got a lot of competition coming from all directions.

But life is generally alright... The food is not too bad if you like western stuff. But the chinese food is always too salty as it has been moderated to suit the Aussie tastebuds... Melbourne weather is crazy too. Over here, it's a good idea to check the weather forecasts cuz you can get 4 seasons in a day. There's a fair drinking culture here as well, which is absolutely bores me since I don't drink or at least I'm not comfortable with drinking with people I just come to know.

Looks like I'm complaining a lot rite? Haha...

But the Aussies are really very nice people. You can just about talk to anyone on the streets. They are generally receptive to everyone and you can always count on them to speak up in class so there isn't a "dead" atmosphere in all my classes.

Hope everyone is doing well in Singapore... Good luck for all those irritating mid-term tests and enjoy the mid-term break! Take care=)

No comments: